Friday, August 30, 2013

Carol and Frank arrived and just in time for the great turtle search.  It seems that this is the time of year when the turtles come ashore to lay their eggs and this is a popular egg laying site.  Unfortunately this is an activity that occurs in the wee hours of the night which is not convenient for me (I like to sleep then!).  I made it one night and have since mumbled my regrets and rolled over in bed and back to sleep.   Carol and Frank, however,  are soldiering on and should a sudden influx of turtles appear on the beach  we will be alerted.

I am enjoying the cats, Tiki may suddenly drop into my lap or snuggle next to me in bed.  Ruby continues to be aloof but if I happen upon on her, resting on the couch for example, she will reluctantly allow me to pet her.  She tries to pretend she does not like it but that paw reaching out to knead is a dead give away.  I have fallen in love though with Blackie.  Once we got past the initial period of adjustment (the barking) she became the most loving dog.  Now she is my shadow and I am becoming more attached to her every day.

The house is awesome! We are enjoying the pool, playing games and dining out!  Couldn't ask for any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment