Tuesday, June 19, 2012

An update:  Sunday we went to Rana Azul for lunch and to celebrate Father's Day.  Well, of course, Lester is not my father but someone had to celebrate with him!  Anyway, we only stayed for one drink and lunch and as we were leaving someone asked us about going so soon and my answer was that the first time we came I was sick all afternoon, the second time I was drunk, and now this third time I wanted to leave while I still had some dignity left.  But my feeling is I will be most remembered for the times when there was no dignity in the picture. Oh well!


Monday, Lester went out to the sailboat to try to get it going. But the batteries are dead and can not be recharged.Today we went to Bocas with a carefully prepared shopping list (friends Carol and Frank are coming on Friday) and after we got back discovered that all meat and eggs, perishables, etc.  were left in store.  I called and .yes, they have them and will save them for us.  So back to Bocas tomorrow. But that's okay so long as the weather is as nice as it is today.  Just beautiful out there.  Well, beautiful and hot too.


The man came about repairing the dock this morning.  I e-mailed his quote to the owner and am waiting for a reply.  Hoping she okays it as the dock is about to collapse in the water and then the repair would be even more.  There is not enough money in household fund so will have to pay it and be reimbursed but need an okay first.


Ian Usher, the author, is leaving for three months on Thursday, one month in England with his family and then 2 months in the Yukon with his girlfriend.  We met his house sitter who just flew in today.  A young guy named Cameron.  I saw him in almost every store I went into today.  Nice young man!  We'll have to have him over before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment