Friday, May 18, 2012

Well, I see that even if I use paragraphing the published blog does not. I need to try to find out why but I'm lucky to just get this published at all. Oh, and by the way, all typos are the fault of Panamanian internet. Likewise any misspelled words and poor grammar. Just wanted to get that straight. Now about the house. It is not quite finished yet. This is due to the owner being ill, of course. But the current house sitters have made many improvements of which the bathroom installed on the main floor and the remodeling of the downstairs outside shower to include privacy walls, etc. are most appreciated. Another improvement is the mesh screen added across the ceiling under the open beams to prevent , or at least cut down on, any insect invasions. That is not to say that all is sealed off as there are a number of open spots but certainly it is an important addition. The steps and the trail up the hill to the house are challenging. I would suggest future visitors start working on their climbing skills. I am particularly lacking in these skills, as many of you know. It is a bit hot and humid, and there are a few bugs. But aside from these minor negative aspects the over all description of Cerro Velero is that it is a magical place. The view, the birds, the jungle sounds are well worth a few sore leg muscles, a little sweat on the brow, and a bug bite or two. Carol and Frank, when you come for a visit you are going to love it here! (Nancy, when your turn comes to house sit you are going to love it here! And by the way, Nancy, I would answer you comment on the blog if I could figure out how. So if you want to comment again and leave an e-mail address I will get back to you.) To finish this I will report briefly on our first day alone here. We took Jeanne and Steve into Bocas on Tuesday so they could fly out on another day to New York. (they will be back to house sit for a couple of the neighbors so we will see them again.) After doing our shopping and lugging everything back to the boat (propane tank, case of beer, bags of groceries) we started back to the house which is approximately 20 miles through a maze of small mangrove islands. And I do mean a maze. It took us forever to find our way home(many wrong turns along the way.) We did, however, get back in time to have the worker still here to help get supplies up the hill. Otherwise we might still be camping down on the dock. So much more to tell you about this place but will save it for next time.

1 comment:

  1. Great advice on using the 'stairmaster.' I'll add it to my biking and daily walking regime as for me too stairs are a bit bothersome. LOL I'd love to see more photos! Thanks.

    Nancy Harless

    ReplyDelete